WHAT IS OSCP ?
The Offensive Security Certified Professional is one of the most technical and most challenging certifications for information security professionals.
In order to become certified you must complete the Penetration Testing with Kali Linux (PwK) course and pass a “24 hour” hands-on exam and you have 24 hours to write a report.
Official Link : PEN-200 | PENETRATION TESTING COURSE & CERTIFICATION
● Getting Comfortable with Kali Linux
● Command Line Fun
● Practical Tools
● Bash Scripting
● Passive Information Gathering
● Active Information Gathering
● Vulnerability Scanning
● Web Application Attacks
● Buffer Overflows
● Client-Side Attacks
● Locating Public Exploits
● Fixing Exploits
● File Transfers
● Antivirus Evasion
● Privilege Escalation
● Password Attacks
● Port Redirection and Tunneling
● Active Directory Attacks
● The Metasploit Framework
● PowerShell Empire
● Penetration Test Breakdown
Before you decide to register for the course you need to have some experience in the following areas :
● Linux Fundamentals : File System, Command Line etc.
● Networking Fundamentals : TCP/IP, Protocols etc.
\ ● Programming Languages : Bash and Python
● Note Taking : Cherry Tree, KeepNote
● You will have a total of 23 hours and 45 mins for the exam.
● You will be proctored during your exam. Webcam and screen sharing software are required.
● The exam will consist of 5 target systems that are vulnerable and can be compromised.
● You will need a minimum of 70 points or higher to pass.
● If you believe you have enough points you will have another 24 hours to write your report.
● An extra 5 points will be given if you are able to complete the lab report and the course exercises.
You cannot use any of the following on the exam :
● Spoofing (IP, ARP, DNS, NBNS, etc)
● Commercial tools or services (Metasploit Pro, Burp Pro, etc.)
● Automatic exploitation tools (e.g, browser_autopwn, SQLmap, SQLninja, jsql etc.)
● Mass vulnerability scanners (e.g. Nessus, NeXpose, OpenVAS, Core Impact, SAINT, etc.)
Exam Tips :
● Enumeration is the most important thing you can do.
● Prepare your cheat sheets, notes, tools, and exploits.
● Note Everything.
● Keep Patience, Believe in yourself and Everything will be done easily !!!
GETTING STARTED WITH KALI LINUX
COMMAND LINE FUN
Kali Linux Tools : https://tools.kali.org/tools-listing
PASSIVE INFORMATION GATHERING
In Passive Information Gathering process we are collecting information about the targets using publicly available information.
● Taking Notes
● Website Recon : Gather basic information by simply browsing the site.
● Whois Enumeration : Use
whois Command on Linux / Online Tool
● Open-Source Code : Search Source-code Online
● Social Media Tools : Gather information on target's social media accounts
● Google Hacking : Cheatsheet / Database
● The Recon-ng Framework
● Security Headers Scanner
● SSL Server Test
● Email Harvesting
● Stack Overflow
● OSINT Framework
ACTIVE INFORMATION GATHERING
In Active Information Gathering we can gather more information about these targets by actively interacting with them. for example; Port Scanning, OS Fingerprinting, DNS, SMB, NFS, SMTP, and SNMP enumeration.
WEB APPLICATION ATTACKS
● Web Application Enumeration : View page source-code, check well known files (robots.Txt, security.txt, .git, readme.md, sitemap.xml etc.), find some files and directories, brute force login pages, check subdomains, find open ports and what web technologies target website is using etc.
● Burp Suite
● OWASP Top Ten
● The Web Application Hacker's Handbook : Amazon India
LOCATING PUBLIC EXPLOITS
Generating our own payload
● Undetectable Malware
● Tools & Techniques Used to Evade Antivirus Software
● MSFvenom Payloads
● Obfuscated Empire
● HERCULES Payload Generator
● Shellter and Shellter Pro
● Payloads All The Things
▸ Basic Linux Privilege Escalation
▸ Scripted Local Linux Enumeration & Privilege Escalation Checks
▸ Linux Smart Enumeration
▸ Linux Exploit Suggester
▸ Linux elevation of privileges
▸ Linux Privilege Escalation for OSCP & Beyond! by Tib3rius
▸ Windows Privilege Escalation Fundamentals
▸ Power Tools
▸ Just Another Windows (Enum) Script
▸ Windows Privilege Escalation Methods for Pentesters
▸ Windows elevation of privileges
▸ Windows Privilege Escalation
▸ Windows Privilege Escalation Guide
▸ Open Source Windows Privilege Escalation Guide
▸ Windows Privilege Escalation Techniques and Scripts
▸ Windows Privilege Escalation for OSCP & Beyond! by Tib3rius
Offline Password Cracking :
● John the Ripper
Online Password Cracking :
Wordlist Generators :
● Kali Linux includes a lot of dictionary files in the /usr/share/wordlists
● Seclists Password Wordlist
Online Password Hash Cracker :
PORT REDIRECTION AND TUNNELING
ACTIVE DIRECTORY ATTACKS
THE METASPLOIT FRAMEWORK
PENETRATION TEST BREAKDOWN
Resource will be updated soon.
SANS Cheat Sheets :
The Ultimate List of SANS Cheat Sheets
WEB SCANNING :
PORT CHECKING :
Download Netcat for Windows : http://bit.ly/netcat_exe
FILE TRANSFER :
SSH TUNNELING / PIVOTING :
REVERSE SHELL :
SQL INJECTION :
BRUTE FORCE :
MSFVENOM PAYLOADS :
SHELL SPAWNING :
Our Paid Training : https://hacktronian.in/training
● The Journey to Try Harder: TJnull’s Preparation Guide for PWK/OSCP
● How to prepare for PWK/OSCP, a noob-friendly guide
● A Detailed Guide on OSCP Preparation – From Newbie to OSCP
● Scund00r Passing OSCP
● The Ultimate OSCP Preparation Guide, 2021